We are pleased to announce an open call for Ukrainian artists working in experimental music to be a part of this online residency.
We welcome applications from artists who are currently underrepresented or under-supported within the arts sector.
The talks, workshops and panels will be held in English, therefore the artists should preferably be able to understand and speak English.
Please consider the eligibility criteria and application content carefully before applying, ensuring you follow the guidelines.
2nd of December: Deadline for applications
5th of December: Announcement of the selected artists
31st of December: Deadline for the submission of works
15th of January: KYUB online event
Who can apply?
Established or emerging Ukrainian artists currently active in the field of experimental/contemporary music and currently reside in Ukraine.
What we offer:
- 500 EUR honorarium
- 4 free workshops by Music Hackspace (Kyle Duffield: Introduction to Max 8 and RNBO, Halina Rice: Using 3D Audio in Music Production and Performance, Daniel Molnar: Introduction to Live Visuals with TouchDesigner, Jack Armitage: Introduction to Live Coding with TidalCycles)
- 1-year Music Hackspace subscription
- 1-year Cycling 74 Max + RNBO licence
- 1-year licence for L-Acoustics softwares
- Publicity through IKLECTIK’s and Institute of Sound’s channels
- To be a part of the KYUB compilation/release
- To be a part of the online KYUB event
What do we expect?
- A sonic-work with a minimum length of 7 minutes and maximum of 15 minutes.
- Attendance to all the online talks, panels and workshops
The successful artists will be selected by IKLECTIK [UK] and the Institute of Sound [UA].
Accessibility and Questions
If you require support in completing your application or have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Application to the open-call is free of charge.